attention to detail and leading-edge technologies are combined to bring you
inspection and testing services unsurpassed in quality and value!
What is a 'Structural
A Structural Inspection is an examination of the present
physical condition of a home, townhouse, condominium, or other residential or commercial
structure and it's associated support systems. This inspection will leverage
knowledge, training and experience to look deeper than the surface to provide insights for customers that they would
not otherwise easily obtain. A home inspection may
take as little as two hours, but the impact of the findings may last for
reporting: Assessment of significant findings will
be given to you onsite and your written report, including digital
photography, will be available
typically within 24 hours. Click here to see a
sample Residential Structural Inspection Report. Sample
Residential Inspection Report.pdf.
Seasoned homeowners can quickly get the
answers and assurances they need.
First time homeowners will appreciate
the level of detail and explanation of systems in the home.
Written reports of Termite Inspection and Septic
Testing available onsite.
Results for Water and Radon testing are available
after laboratory processing.
Flexible and convenient
I'll work around your
schedule - including Saturdays and Sundays.
Choose standard or
Price consideration are offered for multiple testing and inspections.
I also offer my 'Quick
Tips' series to help my clients understand specific findings and their
remedies. Click here to see a 'Quick Tip' sheet: Ice Dam - QT.pdf
(To view PDF files, you will need Acrobat Reader, free from Adobe at www.adobe.com)
Key Features of the Inspection (not an exhaustive list)
I'll check on the following areas: (Click on
the stars to expand list contents)
- Exterior view (click to expand)
- Number of layers
- Flashing (if visible)
- Interior/Attic view (click to expand)
- Signs of prior/current leaks
- Structural stress
- Ventilation (click to expand)
- Equipment (click to expand)
- Vegetation, Grading, Drainage
- Driveways, Walkways and Retaining Walls (With respect to their effect
on the condition of the building)
- Moisture/Water Intrusion
- Doors/Windows (representative samples)
- Kitchen/Bedroom/Bathrooms/Family Room/etc.
- Evidence of rodents or other vermin
- Wiring type and composition
- Polarity/Lack of Grounding
- Receptacles and outlets (representative sample)
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter Protection and Shock Hazards
- Circuit Panel (click to expand)
- Total Amperage
- Presence of Aluminum branch wiring
- Room for expansion
- Over-current devices
- Improper/Incompatible wiring
- Supply and distribution
- Faucets and Fixtures
- Main supply and shut-off
- Waste and septic
- Fuel supply/Power Source
- Safety controls
- Sprinkler Systems
- Outdoor cooking equipment
- Fire protection equipment
- Wells & Filter systems
1. In keeping with industry practices and in order to prevent the possibility of damaging
compressor, air conditioners may not be operated when the temperature has
been below 65 degrees Fahrenheit within the previous 24 hours.
I'll work hard for
you so that
you can feel confident with your purchasing decision.